Sunday, May 5, 2013

A CHRISTMAS PRESENT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING May 5, 2013

“… you will teach them to walk in the ways of truth and soberness; ye will teach them to love one another, and to serve one another.” Mosiah 4:15

Our family gave us a Christmas present last year that is continuing to bring joy into our lives.  In wondering what they could give us as a Christmas present being we are so far away and really needing nothing, one family decided that they would give service to people that we knew and loved.  Here are some of the things they did in our name:  held a Christmas party for their neighbors like we used to do for ours and collected a great amount for the Utah Food Bank;  they are continuing with the tradition of me taking treats to Koy and Pace’s basketball games every Tuesday night; they tied blankets and took them over to my Dad who is in a rest home (95 years old) and gave them to him and his friends and then caroled to the people; they visited my mother’s grave on Christmas Eve; and then a few weeks ago the entire family did a dinner for special needs young women. Before I left on mission I served as a counselor to our Regional Special Needs Young Women.  Oh, how I love them and miss them.  They have a camp every year and our family provided and fixed and served dinner for 160 girls and women with special needs and their leaders.  Misti headed it up and the entire family, grandkids and kids, were there serving this wonderful group.

035 

048055

036039040043049

The camp was a PIRATE theme.

054

IMG_8112_thumb1

058

Cookie galore that everyone made!! 

IMG_8105_thumb1

060061063064IMG_8110_thumb1

065IMAG0955_thumb1

Looking for my mother’s grave on Christmas Eve – a present that touched my heart

IMG_9631_thumb[1]IMG_9635_thumb[1]IMG_9637_thumb[1]IMG_9638_thumb[1]IMG_9639_thumb[1]IMG_9643_thumb[1]IMG_9645_thumb[1]

Our beloved family and my father (missing our two youngest daughters and their families)

Taunias family[3]

How I love my family and their good hearts.  My children are teaching their children to “walk in the ways of truth and soberness;……. to love one another, and to serve one another.”  What wonderful Christmas presents!  How I miss you……May the Lord continue to bless and watch over you.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment