Thursday, January 16, 2014

I LOVED YOU AT HELLO

It is Friday morning, 17 January at 7:45 Swazi time and my heart is about to break.  Over the past few days we have had to say good-bye to so many wonderful people with a question of whether we will ever see each other again.  How does one go years without seeing family – ones that have stolen our hearts?

We are leaving this amazing country in just a few hours.  I can’t imagine waking up every morning without the crowing of roosters, chirping of birds, monkeys scurrying on our rooftop and the beauty of flowers, trees and sky in front of us.  That doesn’t even include looking forward to embracing the people that I love……knowing that our day would include sharing the gospel that I love with people that I love……..knowing I would see the smiles and greetings of the most beautiful creations of our Heavenly Father.

THANK YOU Swazi’s for an incredible journey of the past two years. 

I loved you at HELLO.

One of the songs we composed for a party we had on Saturday sung to “Popcorn Popping”. 

We stepped into Swaziland

And what did we find?

Smiling people that are loving and kind.

The Lord has given us a perfect fit.

You and us we made a marvelous hit!

We could take a planeful with all of you

Back to America – I think that’s what we’ll do.

It isn’t really so……but it is our wish.

I guess we’ll settle with memories that we’ll cherish!  ( you really have to stretch that last line to fit)

1 comment:

  1. That was so good! It said it perfectly, even if we did have to stretch a little bit on that last line. :)

    ReplyDelete