Sunday, March 31, 2013

I WILL GO……I WILL STAY

We received an email on Wednesday from our daughter Trina.  She is expecting her first born at the end of April and had a routine check up earlier that day.  During the examination they discovered that the baby was breech.  The doctor was concerned that he would not turn on his own because Trina is so little and the baby is bigger.  So on Thursday, April 4th, she will be going to the hospital and the doctor will try to move him to the right position.  He told her that they had to do it at the hospital so she can be hooked up on the machines and if something were to happen he could get her an epidural and they could get him out quickly with a C-section.  They scheduled it for Thursday because she will be 37 weeks – safer for her baby.  Then she wrote..”You can call me if you want to make me feel better.” (And we are having major issues with our skype and Magic Jack!)

What am I doing half-way around the world when I am needed at home?  I literally thought my heart would break that evening.  I wanted to jump on a plane, go home and take care of my daughter.  I didn’t want to be any place but in the Salt Lake Valley doing what I love to do more than anything……. caring for my children. 

But today I received a letter from my Heavenly Father.  We were in Sunday School today and the teacher had us read in D & C 31.  Thomas Marsh was called to preach the gospel and was assured of his family’s well-being.  “Thomas (Taunia), my son (daughter), blessed are you because of your faith in my work.  Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones; ….. Lift up your heart and rejoice, for the hour of your mission is come;…..Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden with sheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire.  Wherefore, your family shall live…..Be faithful unto the end, and lo, I am with you.  These words are not of man nor of men, but of me, even Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, by the will of the Father.  Amen.”

So, yes, I am staying because my Heavenly Father sent me a letter reassuring me that He will take care of one of my most precious possessions.  I can do these hard things because I know that God is in charge and I am doing His will.  Trina will be in good hands – His hands. 

20121031_175805IMG_1981

 

Jesus and Mother - Copy

I love you sweetheart!   Mom

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry it has been so hard since you made your decision to stay. And I am so grateful The Lord keeps reassuring you that you are where you need to be. She is in good hands over here, I promise.

    ReplyDelete