Friday, June 5, 2015

OUR SECOND JOURNEY BEGINS June 5, 2015

Dennis and I were blessed to serve in Swaziland, Africa for 23 months.  It has been 16 months since we returned, and Africa still remains in our hearts.  Africa has a certain mystique about it.  I cannot possibly convey the feelings of my heart for Africa and the things she taught me.  I have tried to express my emotions but to no avail,  so I will let Elder Holland express the feelings I have had..."Heavenly Father's love for His children is conspicuous in Africa.  They have the most gorgeous smiles, the happiest faces; their children have to be among the most beautiful children on the face of the earth.  It is very, very easy to love them.  It is something like meeting people you think you've known before.  We've all had that kind of experience...a kindred relationship with somebody.  That's how I feel with the African people.  There is something special about what we feel when we come to this land, come to these nations, when we're on this continent. Something in them, and something in us, creates a camaraderie of the soul that is immediate and almost beyond words....it is hard to convey, unless you have been here, unless you have seen firsthand their goodness, their faith, and their spiritual gifts."

So, please join us as we return to Africa on our second journey.  We leave today at 11:05 a.m. and in 24 hours will be on African soil again.  We are returning to a people that have taught us so much about humility, love, unconditional love, simplicity and how to enjoy life.  For the next 18 months, I will try to convey my feelings of the greatness of the Africans and share our experiences.  At the conclusion of our mission, I hope that you will gain a better insight of this land that we call "home". 

OUR SECOND JOURNEY BEGINS............


2 comments:

  1. I had the pleasure of serving with you on your first journey, which was my second, and I feel your emotions for the wonderful people there. Have a great time. You will be among friends, and in our prayers.
    Jim and Reenie Von Stetten

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete