Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A MISSIONARY CHRISTMAS 17 & 18 December 2015



This Christmas for Dennis and I, there will be no Christmas tree, decorations,  43 family members surrounding us, a turkey feast, sweet rolls and orange juice on Christmas morning,  acting out the nativity scene, visiting my parents’ grave,  sharing the spirit of the season with my grandchildren, playing games with family throughout the season and enjoying the beauty of a snowfall. 

I have been a little homesick the last few weeks contemplating my 2015 Christmas  It is hard to be away from home on Christmas and enjoying all the traditions that I have enjoyed for the past 60+ years.

 I love Christmas.  I love everything about Christmas.   But I have decided that this is a test for me to see if I can truly have the Christmas spirit without all the traditions that I have enjoyed for years.  Christmas is about the birth of my Savior and celebrating that glorious evening.  It is that simple! No matter where I am or what surrounds me, that remains the same.  I can celebrate that event wherever I am! 

So when Christmas day comes around this year, I pray that the true Christmas spirit will fill my heart and I remember Him that we celebrate.
 A visit to Patricia and her family in Soweto to deliver special Christmas gifts
 Enjoying the dice game that we gave her.
 And the special "hologram" glasses that brighten the Christmas holidays.
 Mac and Donna came for a special Christmas dinner and evening.
 Our apartment house has five floors.  I just found out that there is a 6th floor where all the people that clean our apartment live. They are small rooms on the roof.
View from the top of our apartment complex.
Mac enjoying the moment....
I made chocolate muffins but ran out.  So we came back to our flat to wrap chocolate chip cookies that I had made for Dennis....
Continued our caroling.  I loved seeing their faces. The people started peeking out their doors as they heard the singing. 
Mac carried this ladies laundry up the stairs and then we sang to her and gave her a Christmas treat.
He was so excited when we came to his door.
Mac and Donna opening their presents.
A scarf and the tie we had embroidered CTR on it.
A selfie to finish our evening after watching "Mr. Kruger's Christmas".
When 25th December comes around, I will celebrate Him!

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Elder Christofferson has a great article in the Ensign similar to this. I love it! We will miss you but hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Elder Christofferson has a great article in the Ensign similar to this. I love it! We will miss you but hope you have a great one.

    ReplyDelete