Monday, June 20, 2016

OUR ONLY CHANCE AT MORTAL LIFE 20 June 2016


I just read this message that President Monson recently shared on his Facebook page, which comes from his 2008 talk "Finding Joy in the Journey".  It inspired me to re-evaluate what is important in my life.  
"This is our one and only chance at mortal life—here and now. The longer we live, the greater is our realization that it is brief. Opportunities come, and then they are gone.
"I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not.
"I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey—now."

 The funny thing is that I was just discussing with Dennis today as we were walking along a beach on the Indian Ocean, if I was accomplishing in my life what really is important.  That when I die and meet my Savior, will what I have done with my life be acceptable to him?  What are the "most important things" to our Heavenly Father and Savior that they want me to learn while I am on earth? Have I learned them?  Am I making the best use of this mortal life?
I was thinking of my parents who were tour guides and traveled the world.  I had always hoped for the same opportunities.  Then I thought of our dear friends in Swaziland whom the majority of them have never been outside of their small little country. Two totally, completely different lives!  At the end. we all pass this short sojourn upon this earth and will greet our Savior. When that time comes, will we have figured out what is important and what is not with what the Lord has given us? Did we find "JOY" in the life that our Father gave us?
Then I come home and read this message.  Another "letter from my Heavenly Father" helping me to keep focused,  Because this life is a short one, I better hurry and find out what are the most important things I need to learn and keep focused on my ultimate goal - eternal life.
  
.

1 comment:

  1. Mom, I think you are making the most use of your mortal life. I think you and Dad already have a place saved for you with Heavenly Father and the Savior.

    ReplyDelete