Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A TASTE OF HEAVEN

Yesterday was our TICBAM – talk in church before a mission and I was able to experience a taste of heaven.  People I have not seen in so long came to share this day with us.  I am sure the reunion in Heaven is going to be just like what I felt yesterday – pure joy and happiness to see people that I love, respect and that have been such wonderful examples to me. My heart was full and my tears flowing. 

Dennis gave an amazing talk on being a ‘helpmate” and having faith in God.  I appreciated his words and testimony.  He is my strength and hero!  I am so glad I get to take my best friend with me on my mission.  This is an advantage of serving a mission in your later years. 

I was able to bear my testimony on the Lord preparing the way for Dennis and I to serve.  I have seen miracles happen and the Lord has had his hand in every aspect of our life and the life of our children. I thank Him for his love and confidence in me.   I know that He loves ALL His children wherever they may be.  Alma 26:37 “Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth.  Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever.” We get to go to Swaziland and share this love and knowledge with these wonderful people.  How lucky we are!!!!

Thank you all for your friendships, kindnesses, examples, and overwhelming outpouring of love you have given us.  We are so blessed and “our cup runneth over”.

Six days and we are off to the MTC and still have lots to do.

        There is always food at the Lombardi’s and lots of it! 

IMG_1972

IMG_1975

Brooke Breen, Tayci and Maria

IMG_1977

Cindy & Kris Allen

IMG_1979

Taylor Allen

IMG_1983

Shelly & Cindy Swenson

IMG_1986

Valerie and Tracy Johnson, Marsha Adams

IMG_1999

Paul and Gail Smith

IMG_2001

Some of the Brad Allen Family

IMG_2008

Dad Allen and Brad Allen

IMG_2009

Dennis and his “Wealth”

IMG_2038

Brody Reich and family

IMG_2044

1 comment:

  1. It really was a beautiful day! You have so many friends and people who love you, yet ANOTHER testament of how amazing you two are. We love you!

    ReplyDelete