Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Kindred Spirits

My life has been blessed with wonderful friends. I cannot begin to express the joy and happiness they have brought into my life. I have met these kindred spirits in all kinds of places – in church callings, in PTA, in community service, and most recently at the FM100 Christmas concerts.

About four years ago I started attending the Christmas concerts at the South Towne Mall every Tuesday and Thursday from before Thanksgiving until Christmas. It is the Christmas gift that I give myself every year. I love the concerts! So from noon to 1:00 I am entertained with incredible performers sharing their musical talents with me and many others And it is FREE! What more can you ask for? I received a bonus gift – I met some kindred spirits. There were two ladies that also attended every concert and we started a friendship. For the first few years we just saw each other at the concerts and then would wait an entire year before we saw or talked to each other again. When the time drew close for the concerts to begin, II would look forward to seeing my “Concert” friends more than the actual concerts. My children would tease me about my “Concert” friends because I talked about them so much. What a reunion it was to see each other again. What an added gift from my Heavenly Father they are. Truly kindred spirits.

This year we decided that our friendship was going to extend longer than just Christmas time (we would decide this the year I am leaving for 18 months). We planned a get together (our husbands also started attending the concerts and quickly felt part of the group) last Friday night and we had a great time. I feel like I have wasted four precious years of knowing these incredible ladies by not extending our time together.

I want to thank them for their friendship and love. What an added gift from my Heavenly Father they are. They are truly kindred spirits. Enjoy next years Christmas concerts without me!

Cindy and Tom Urban









Dave and Shar Hoffman

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I never did ask you how the night went; I'm glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete