Friday, January 13, 2012

New Years Day

New Years Day this year was on Sunday so it was a little different.  We always have balloons for everyone on the tree and inside is a surprise of money.  Not much but enough to make it exciting for the kids.  Also, on the tree are fortune cookies for everyone  This year’s fortune cookies were so appropriate for our leaving for our mission.  One granddaughter’s said that she was going to visit someone in an exotic location – South Africa is pretty far away and exotic.  Another grandsons said something like someone far away is waiting for a letter from him.  Which we will in about two months.  We have lots of food spread out for everyone – soups, dips, drinks, rolls, candy, desserts.  Since church was at all times, the family came at different times all day long. We enjoy the family coming over.  They brighten my day and bring so much joy into my life.  I can’t even think about not having them around because it is like thinking about what my mother is doing on the other side – I can’t begin to even comprehend it. I will miss them all terribly. 

DSCF1629

No comments:

Post a Comment