Tuesday, May 10, 2016

HEAVEN IS CHEERING US ON 10 May 2016



Our daughter, Trista, shared this with us.  I thought it was worthy of sharing with all my dear friends. Some FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Written 18 April, 2016
"We had a stake primary choir for the stake conference today. Blake participated, and I loved watching him up there helping to bring the Spirit to the meeting. Primary choirs are priceless.

Our stake president remarked that the children's great great great grandparents must have stopped whatever work they were doing in the spirit world to listen and to celebrate in the testimonies of the kids. And they hugged each other and said, "All of the sacrifices, all that we went through, was worth it to watch my 'Blake Bytheway' sing praises to our Savior today." And I envisioned all of his grandparents on the other side crying with joy watching him. It just really touched me."

What a beautiful thought......our ancestors stopping what they are doing in heaven to celebrate the events in our lives.  I am sure that my mother and father were the very first ones to stop and acknowledge the children's choir.  They were mine, my children and my grandchildren's biggest fans!

Also, the thought of our ancestors recognizing that all the sacrifices they made to bring us the gospel was not in vain.  My great, great grandparents lost five children crossing the plains. I can't begin to thank them for having the faith to continue so that I could have the blessings of the gospel in my life.   I often reflect on the sacrifices of my ancestors, thank them and pray that I am living the type of life that will show my gratitude.

Thank you, Blake, for singing your praises to our Savior with such love and devotion that the Heavens stopped what they were doing to listen to your testimony.  Love you,  Grandma



No comments:

Post a Comment