Sunday, May 29, 2016

THE SAVIOR'S EMBRACE 29 May 2016



From The Book of Malchus by Neil K.Newell, pgs 324 - 326...Malchus speaking to people in Zarahemla., 

"....I know now.  I know with a surety that sight cannot amplify.  He lives! He lives! I sorrow with you that we have not seen with our eyes, but I tell you the words that the Son of God spoke to me: 'Blessed is he that believes, though he has not seen'.. ...

Can you not feel it?  This is the witness, borne of God himself   And I know more surely than if he were standing beside me--this man, this Jesus, lives! He is the Son of the Father, our Savior, our God.

As I spoke these words, I heard the rustling of clothing from behind me, and I knew again without seeing, for my heart swelled with such force that I felt it might burst.  My emotions rose to the point where I could scarcely speak.

An then I felt a hand upon my shoulder.

I turned.

And saw.

It was he.

The man who had purged the temple of moneychangers.

The man who had spoken to me of belief.

The man who had been lifted up on the cross.

I looked briefly into his eyes, wondering if he would remember.  I wanted to fall to my knees before him but he acted too soon.  He took me in his arms, and I embraced him and felt his arms encircle me.

And my heart and mind were filled with such overwhelming love that it enfolded and burned within me, bringing me such light and joy as I never thought possible to experience.

I stood before the Son of God.  And though I was a wicked man, I felt pure and holy and clean.

In that moment, I knew with a surety that can never be shaken that this Jesus was my Savior, Redeemer, and King.

Before, I had wondered if my life would change once I saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears.

Yes.  Everything changed.

I became a different man.  Forever different.

And the things I thought were important before, now seemed like a child's diversion.

From that moment on, I became a new man.  A different man.  A better, kinder and happier man.

The entire world changed on the day that I felt the embrace of the man the world knew as Jesus the Christ, the only Begotten of the Father."



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. I love Christ so much. Thank you for always having him at the center of your blog.

    ReplyDelete