Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mlilwane Game Reserve

Today is my birthday and the sweet Smith family (Jon, Ann, Zak) took Den and I to our very first game reserve.  We had a great day!  It is just a small reserve just minutes from our home.   Ann told me that sometimes everyone is so desirous to see the big animals, they fail to see all the  little creatures around them doing amazing things.  This was a beautiful place and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Below are pictures of the animals and country we saw today.  We also met a man, Ted Riley, who is the creator of this and two other game reserves.  What a man with a vision – years of developing and keeping animals safe.  We went to his homestead where he grew up and now lives and had a wonderful visit.   After a conversation with one of the maids there, Ruth, she expressed her desire to receive a Book of Mormon.  So we told her we would return with the book and a picture that we took.  We spent the entire day in this beautiful setting.  It was a good day!

We went with the Smith’s to a Portuguese restaurant.  It was really good but I really am tired of eating out.  After we were home for a bit, we received a surprise knock on the door.  It was 10 Elders with a cake and birthday greetings.  I appreciated their thoughtfulness – with my family so far away, it was nice to have them around.  Their mothers have done a super job in raising such fine young men!

Thanks to all of you for your birthday greetings!  Thank you for your love!  Thank you for your friendships!  Thank you for your words of kindness!  The Lord has surrounded me with wonderful people!

100_0209100_0214100_0243100_0250100_0254100_0255100_0258100_0260100_0263100_0289DSCF2033DSCF2035DSCF2039100_0244100_0247100_0275100_0276100_0278100_0284DSCF2024100_0295

Love you all!!  Taunia

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday my dear friend... I love you bunches... you look amazingly happy. I'm so happy for you. Love, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday! Are you really on a mission? or a vacation?? :-) Looks like you're having a wonderful time!
    Love,
    Pat Fairbanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taunia, I can't think of a better way to celebrate a birthday. I'm shooting for December in Swaziland!!! I am so glad that you were taken care of on your birthday. May each day there be so memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated b.day!!! I'd sing but it could lose something in the no-sound transmission! Please tell me Elder Lombardi is not regularly sporting the black hat/bowl looking thing?!?!? :-) Love you guys tons! Will send a photo of my latest escapades and a couple from Deb's baptism via email soom. Hugs and prayers to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Mom, you actually look like you're beginning to like the animals!!! :) I"m still waiting for pictures of you by your big dogs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Fun! Definitely more fun than anything we could have planned here. I agree with Gina. I want to see those dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What awesome stuff! And I'm so glad those missionaries did that for you. So glad to know you're being taken care of out there!

    ReplyDelete